Monday 5 December 2016

Environment/Asset Design- The Trumpet District

'...we see the long thin trumpet-structures whizzing past the riders; we see Yellow's determined little face. We see Red holding onto her for dear life!'

I've moved onto explore the Trumpet district. This one passes by in a bit of a flash in terms of the script as Red and Yellow fly through on horseback. But the emphasis was on tall buildings that dwarf them as they whizz by. I think I could probably go taller and lankier perhaps. I just don't want to lose the building essence as opposed to accidentally creating what look like sculptures!

I took a different approach with these designs. I'd decided to stick with using white line art over black. I also remembered reading in the script the description of 'chalky' texture and decided to apply it to my latest designs. These Trumpet-based structures are a mix of rough edged colouring or outlined in 'chalk'. The colour schemes have been slightly saturated to suit the time of day as the sun dips lower on the horizon.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely indeed! I think you should consider creating some simpler 'just trumpet' towers, which we can put into the back ground and into the foreground - as sort of strobing columns (foreground) and assets that just shout 'it's a trumpet' when we see them quickly in the background. Think of them as 'second and third division' assets - which will probably just be images on planes as opposed to models etc. Anyway - very exciting stuff, Emily - thanks a bunch :)

    ReplyDelete