Saturday 3 June 2017

Digital Sets: The Overture - Progress #1

I've begun arranging the Overture assets to create the digital set. I've also begun modelling any bits that were missing such as the elevator tubes, some extra roadways, and the large pillars in the background. I was unsure if the pillars were going to be part of a matte painting or not, but I used bits from other assets to create the music note pillars anyway for now. It isn't completed yet, but I figured I'd post an update to show where I am with it.



I've been playing a lot with the scale and placement of the objects to try and make it feel full, busy, and expansive. There is still a lot of room for improvement, but I'm mostly trying to figure out what other bits I need to model. I think I'm next going to begin working on making the elevator, elevator tubes (the ones in there are just temporary), and supports for the roads. I also need to remake the environment dome so there are holes in the ceiling for the elevators to go up into and extra platforms around the dome. Once that's all done I'll add in the signs, seating, and any other bits that are needed.


3 comments: